Industry group names 2015 president, welcomes two new directors
Providence, R.I. – The Southeastern New England Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA/SENE) is pleased to announce the 10 members of its 2015 Board of Directors, including its newly named president and two new directors.
Michael Masseur (Douglas, Mass.) was named president. Masseur is a Senior Account Executive at RDW Group, Inc. This is his second term as a board member.
“I am honored to serve as President of the PRSA/SENE chapter and to be joined by a talented board of directors this year,” Masseur said. “We have an exciting programming agenda planned for 2015, and I look forward to the chapter continuing to build and connect our local public relations community.”
The other newly elected board members are:
- Kimberly Fraser (North Scituate, R.I.), Public Relations Representative, GTECH – PR/Communications Chair
- Michael MacKay, (Lincoln, R.I.), Content Producer, Cumulus Media – Secretary
The new members join senior board members:
- Chris Watson (Barrington R.I.), Director of Digital Marketing and Communications, KVH Industries – President Elect
- Giselle Mahoney (North Kingstown, R.I.), Manager of Communications and Public Relations, Tech Collective – Immediate Past Chapter President
- Michael J. Cerio (Cranston, R.I.), Principal, Cerio Communications – Treasurer
- Sarah Beron (Bristol, R.I.), Account Manager of Public Affairs and Strategic Communications, Advocacy Solutions, LLC – PRSSA Liaison
- Andrea McHugh (Newport, R.I.), Manager of Marketing and Communications, Discover Newport – Membership Chair
- Matt Miller (North Kingstown, R.I.), Director of Business Development, PR Newswire – Events Co-Chair
- Brian Hodge (Providence, R.I.), Director of Communications, Gray Matter Marketing – Events Co-Chair
The board is building the 2015 programming agenda, which will feature events including professional development, industry spotlights, and media network building.
PRSA/SENE’s first event of the year will announce its 2015 Excellence Award winners as well as welcome Mark Murphy, editor of Providence Business News (PBN) to speak on PBN’s success. It will be held on Wednesday, April 16, from 6:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m. at the Park Theatre in Cranston, R.I. For more information and to attend, visit www.prsasene.org.
Established in 1982, the Southeastern New England Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA/SENE) is the among the region’s largest professional organizations for public relations professionals. Members of the non-profit association represent corporations, agencies, sole practitioners, military, government, health care and other service organizations throughout Southeastern New England. Learn more about PRSA/SENE at www.prsasene.org, on Facebook (PRSASENE), Twitter (prsasene), and or sign up for our email newsletter.
# # #