On April 10th, we welcomed our PRSA community to a second of our “Lightning Round” sessions.
Our seasoned professionals spoke about what they’ve learned along the way in their careers and offered a few pieces of advice for our audience. Each 10-minute presentation covered content in internal communications, media relations, and programmatic display.
PRSA/SENE President, Kim Fraser welcomed the group to the beautiful Red DWG Library, and we were inspired as their team discussed the passion and guidance behind all of their efforts. Our speakers then took the stage – Paul Grimaldi, Melanie Coon, and Jess Bachman – and left us wanting more until the very end!
Here’s a look at what folks were talking about:
- @gailcarvelli – “Discretion is your brand” .. words of wisdom for communications professionals from @mcoonri at the @prsasene Lightning Round Event held @reddwglibrary @BCBSRI
- @prsasene – .@mcoonri “The basics are critical. We shouldn’t make mistakes with the basics. [ex.] Proofread everything you write.”
- @prsasene – .@mcoonri “Public trust is probably the most important prize we can win. It takes years to build up, but it can disappear in a minute.”
- @prsasene – .@PaulEGrimaldi‘s social media principles: – it’s not the end all, be all – have a protocol – choose channel to fit your audience – be consistent with messages, topics and tone – engage your communities
Special Thanks to our attendees, Red DWG, and our Lightning Round Speakers!
- Melanie Coon – Managing Director, Internal Communications, Corporate Affairs Division, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (internal communications)
- Paul Grimaldi – Chief of Information and Public Relations, Rhode Island Department of Revenue (media relations)
- Jess Bachman – Strategist, NAIL Communications, LLC (programmatic display)