We were thrilled to host our annual Excellence Awards on April 15, 2015, at the Park Theatre in Cranston, RI. The event highlighted the amazing public relations work of local companies in Rhode Island and southeastern New England. It was a great opportunity to reflect on last year’s accomplishments and network with PR practitioners from around the region.
Michael Masseur, PRSA/SENE President and Senior Account Executive at RDW Group, Inc. kicked off the event by addressing the packed crowd and recognizing all of the hard work from this year’s entries. “Each year, we continue to be amazed by the talent and accomplishments of the public relations experts in our region,” said Michael Masseur.
The guest speaker for the evening was Mark Murphy, Editor of the Providence Business News who provided a glimpse behind the curtain of PBN. Mark shared insight on the changing media landscape and how it’s impacted our community as well as the PBN. The crowd was intrigued by Mark’s comments and asked a lot questions regarding the types of content and stories PBN looks for when publishing their print and digital editions.
The event concluded with Michael announcing the award and certificate winners followed by his closing remarks thanking all of the organizations who submitted entries and the sponsor for the evening the Providence Business News.
Below is a full list of all of the recipients.
PRSA/SENE 2015 Excellence Award Winners:
- Business-to-Business – Ebola Seafarer Safety Training Awareness
- Community Relations/Cause Marketing – Rhode Island IT and Bioscience Skills Gap Reports and Forum Series
Roger Williams University
- Local Newspaper Placement – Community Connections – A Day of Giving and Learning
Jai Communications Group
- Media Event – Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation at 10 Years: A Cause for Celebration
(add)ventures and CVS Health
- Multimedia Release – CVS to Stop Selling Tobacco Products
- Public Affairs – Engineering Rhode Island’s Future
Certificates of Recognition:
- Community Relations/Cause Marketing – Take Charge!: Cox Partners with RI Attorney General to Delete Online Bullying
Gray Matter Marketing
- Community Relations/Cause Marketing – Crossing the Bridge: Bettering the Community through the Pell Bridge Run
Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Community Relations/Cause Marketing – Providence #1 Party
Salve Regina University
- Video – Mask Man – Dominic DiSano ‘14 –
- Video – Story in the Public Square: 2014 Pell Center Prize –
- Video – Digging Deeper: 2014 Field School in Archaeology –
- Video – Banned